Do you want to make a positive global environmental impact and contribute to achieving our rapid growth ambitions?
Spinnova’s mission is to produce the most sustainable textile fibres and materials in the world for the benefit of the environment and humanity. We have developed a unique technology platform to produce the world’s most sustainable textile fibres, without using any harmful chemicals. We can produce the fibres from multiple raw materials, including wood and leather waste, and other renewable raw materials such as agricultural, food and beverage industry side streams and textile waste.
We are now looking for an ESG Manager to help us achieve our mission. We want you to share our passion for sustainability and be excited to join in a company that has the potential to transform the raw material base of the entire global textile industry. As ESG Manager, you shall play a key role in establishing Spinnova's ESG agenda. You will report to the Chief Sustainability Officer and work closely with Sustainability steering team. The preferred location is Helsinki, but also Jyväskylä can be considered.
In this role, your main responsibility is to drive the implementation of Spinnova's ESG strategy. In your daily work you will:
- Establish and manage ESG policies and guidelines related to sustainability programs, monitor effectiveness of implementation and update policies in line with changes in laws, regulations and corporate directives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure the communication and implementation of ESG management system across teams, present regular sustainability reports and conduct sustainability assessments.
- Create and manage ESG reporting in line with key reporting frameworks (e.g. EU Taxonomy, CSRD, SASB) and monitor developments in the field of ESG reporting.
- Prepare annual sustainability reports on progress to SDGs and per the GRI reporting.
- Prepare for investor-focused ESG ratings (e.g. MSCI, CDP)
- Manage sustainability due diligence at different levels
- Lead ESG investor engagement and support IR related projects
- Supervisory responsibilities for one subordinate
As a person you match the team-oriented, hands-on Spinnova culture. You possess a positive, can-do attitude that is suitable for a dynamic growth company. To be successful in this role, we believe you should also have the following qualifications:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree from relevant field
- Good understanding to the Sustainability standards, e.g. GRI, SASB, TCFD etc
- Experience on ESG from an investor point of view
- Several years of work experience in a similar role in a listed company
- Highly proactive and structured working style
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills
- Highly valued would be prior team lead experience and understanding of green investing
- Solid communication skills in English and Finnish, both written and spoken
We offer you meaningful work in an emerging industry of the future, with an innovation that will change the world. In your role in Spinnova you can have a significant impact on the success story of the company. At Spinnova, you will get to influence, develop, and take responsibility. We offer you comprehensive and versatile employee benefits, competitive salary, and an attractive incentive program.
Are you willing to join the Spinnova team? For further information about the role, please contact Chief Sustainability Officer Shahriare Mahmood, tel. +358 43 8242 469, firstname.lastname@example.org. Best available for calls on Monday 3rd between 15-16 and on Thursday 6th October between 12-13.
If we’ve caught your interest and this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please send your application and CV with your salary request via the attached application link latest by October 9th, 2022. We are reviewing the applications already during the application period.
About the company
Spinnova has developed a production technology for a transformative new textile fibre (“SPINNOVA® fibre”) which is produced with a sustainable mechanical production process, without any harmful chemicals. Spinnova fibre can be produced from multiple raw materials, including wood and leather waste, and other renewable raw materials such as agricultural, food and beverage industry waste and textile waste.
Spinnova operates in the textile industry value chain, starting from sustainable raw materials followed by a minimum environmental impact fibre process and materials for products that reach consumers. We have established partnerships to commercialize our materials. These include joint ventures with the world’s largest cellulose producer Suzano and KT Trading, the sister company of the shoe manufacturer and retailer ECCO and collaborations with global apparel brands such as adidas, The North Face, Bestseller, and the H&M Group. Our first commercial factory is estimated to begin operations at the end of 2022.
Our shares (SPINN) are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki First North Growth Market.